To directly engage the community through service towards a more sustainable future.
AmeriCorps Service Members roles:
- Building new trail on USDA-FS & BLM lands
- Join White Mountain Search and Rescue
- Recover recreation areas through rerouting trails, removing debris, building new shelters, monitoring forest health, etc.
- Office projects such as creating editorials, producing a brochure, updating Social Media, etc.
- Gather GPS/GIS trail data and create maps in Arc View
- Forest Monitoring and Stand Examinations
Veterans and Military Families participation through directly supporting our program, participating in training, and engaging in Red Cross and White Mountain Search and Rescue
Engage the local community to help in the wildfire response, mitigation, and recovery efforts
Engage Opportunity Youth through the New Mexico Youth Conservations Corps (NMYCC), which will target 60 youth working for 9 weeks.
Follow us on:
Navigate our wilderness with the help of Earl Bell: